Monday, July 30, 2007

Update

Hi all. It's been a while since I've last posted anything. Unfortunately, time and leads have not been abundant for me in the last few months. I chased a few dead ends, but little has come of it for now. For instance, I recently contacted the Diocese of Davenport, IA about their part in the resettlement of displaced children and if they had any information on my father. They do not have many detailed records readily available, but my inquiry did yield some other leads to chase down for the 1950-55 period of my research.

MLL, whom I mentioned before, called me recently about a researcher in Britain with whom she and some other former relief workers at Bad Aibling had a brief reunion last month. I'll post my findings when I follow up with him.

I did finish Helen Epstein's Children of the Holocaust. It is an excellent book, and I will post my thoughts on it at a later time.

No comments: